Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Coinbase-big tax issue!!

Hi. Wonder if anyone can help me. I transferred my Bitcoin and Ethereum into other wallets (cold wallet, and Osprey). Not taxable but Coinbase is recording the transfer as taxable events with gobs of short-term gain (that was never realized-because coins were not sold!). I was told by Osprey if I just did a direct transfer to wallets there would be no capital gains. Not surprisingly, despite multiple calls and emails to Coinbase, there has been no substantial response. Basically all I get is robots asking for more information or telling me to talk to a CPA or links to USA tax law. All responses are computer generated. No one can fix the paperwork except Coinbase and they interestingly have no tax department or live support for this type of issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? I am more than a little concerned. Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment