Friday, May 6, 2022

Just lost all of my ETH to a scam :(

hi everyone,

I am ashamed and I coming to you all so hopefully you don't make the same mistake as I just did. I just got scammed and it cost me ~1,500 USD of ETH.

How it happened:

  1. I went on youtube and saw a "live" video by "Tesla Corporation" titled "Elon Musk - Bitcoin and Ethereum Merge INCOMING! ETH/BTC Predictions & Analysis! Crypto News".
  2. On it was a text overlay of a link to: ElonMusk.vin.
  3. I went to it, and once there, I read that "Tesla Corporation" wants to double your BTC or ETH money today during this live event... blah blah blah... you probably can guess the rest.
  4. I went into my binance wallet, withdrew all of my ETH and sent it to the address they listed on their website and waited to see double the amount in my account... like a fool.

I am posting this story here because this "live" video is actually still up on youtube as we speak. The channel is: youtube.com/c/lapreimeranet and there seem to be 3 of these "live videos" going at the same time.

I just hope that this message spreads and others don't lose their money like I just did.

--> If you know of a better place to share this scam, please let me know and I will share it there as well.

p.s. I reached out to binance.us but am pretty certain there is nothing they can do for me.

p.s.s This scam is somewhat elaborate as they had a working support chat box up and running on the site earlier. I was able to chat with them and someone (of course) was replying to me. I thought "wow, I can't believe they were able to respond so fast!" One of many red flags I was unable to recognize in real time. I told them that I didn't see the money in my account, and explained that I used the BSC network to send it. "Seth" said "Oh, we can't access the funds sent with BSC-- I will reach out to my manager" and then as he said that, the chat box closed and I have never been able to reopen it.

this is the youtube channel where I got scammed

here's the website where the actuall scamming took place: ElonMusk.vin


No comments:

Post a Comment