Thursday, August 25, 2022

CryptoNight

Two months ago, Elon Musk twitted just the word "Cryptonight".

I read his tweets with a grain of salt since it's hard to decrypt their meaning, while he often behaves trollish. But is he?

People like Elon have access to information that most of us don't. This is why when he mentions crypto, I keep my eyes open and take extra effort to research that topic.

For those who don't know, "Cyptonight" was the mining algo of the first privacy coin Bytecoin which then forked to create Monero which later changed his algo to RandomX.

Since I feel that privacy is a must, this got me pretty intrigued.

Another event got me even more intrigued. A few days ago, michaeljburry on Twitter, the investor that predicted the mortgage crisis in 2008 (The Big Short movie), twitted a YT link to this music video, saying that it sounds a lot like Metallica (in a good way). Even if the title is "Crypto Knight" and not exactly "CryptoNight", you can't blame me because I see a correlation. I know, the song tells the story of lost Bitcoins and has nothing to do with privacy coins. But... to my knowledge, Mr.Burry doesn't often tweet about crypto, and when he does, he's not very bullish.

After re-reading what I wrote, I feel like a shitty journalist that glues pieces of the puzzles by interpreting them as he likes just for content creation. I'm aware of that...

I just wanted to point out that there's a chance that the topic of blockchain privacy started to snowball among influential people.

If that's the case, why are they talking about CyptoNight?

Is there something going on around some coins with that algo?

A few months ago, I posted about investing the minimal amount ($3.14) into most coins offered by TradeOgre. Some of them use CryptoNight. I think it could be worth gambling a minimal amount just into CryptoNight coins. Maybe it's time to buy the rumor.

So, what to buy or mine?

This link should show all (or at least most) of the coins using the CryptoNight algo.

After doing some research, I realized that some of the listed coins have switched to other algos. This time I won't list any coins since most coins I like walked away from CryptoNight. If I find something interesting, I will let you know. If you have any suggestions, comment.

Maybe I got it all wrong... But one thing is sure, privacy is must. People will start realizing it just after they lose it. Meanwhile, there are people already making shovels when the "gold rush" begins. Or better said, "privacy rush".


No comments:

Post a Comment