Monday, October 10, 2022

For Multiple Cold Storage Wallet Owners, one brand or two?

Hey all. I am currently using a Trezor to secure my BTC. I’m building a second stack of BTC and I am debating the storage options listed below, any advice is appreciated .

  1. Keep all the BTC in one wallet, but have multiple Trezors in multiple locations

  2. Have two separate wallets and seed phrases and both are Trezors

  3. Have two wallets from two different manufacturers (Blockstream or Coldcard would be my top choices). Is it possible to do this with one wallet and one seed phrase?

I’m wondering if anyone is doing option 3 to avoid some type of catastrophic event with a cold wallet provider? It is my understanding that my seed phrase can be used to recover my BTC on a different device manufacturer as long as they use the same standard (BIP39 in Trezors case).

Sorry if this is a noob question. Bitcoin is a complex, yet simple program/platform/protocol, after 2 years I’m still learning and loving.


No comments:

Post a Comment