Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Keep getting dms from bots on twitter sending me log-ins for random accounts that apparently have crypto balances?

Hi y’all, I do not use crypto in any capacity and am the average twitter user, AKA I don’t tend to like/comment/follow people that use crypto, so i’m sorry if my jargon is incorrect. but I keep getting dms from accounts that seem to be bots sending me log-in information to access cryptocurrency wallets. The two messages go like this “Hey twitter handle I am going on vacation, watch and manage my bitcoin username: Username1 password: Fakepassword Balance: 40 bitcoin Login URL: exampleURL . com” Fake username and password used in the event this is real and I could get money out of it, but I’ve received 2 of these dms and actually successfully logged in to an account that appeared to have bitcoin in it (i logged in from an old ipod touch that was connected to public wifi and had all of its data wiped bc i’m paranoid). The two URLS i’ve been provided are uu11551 .com and btc8558 .com, my guess is that they are scams that somehow gain access to my own crypto wallet or bank account after I attempt to transfer the bitcoin to myself. I tried googling this but didn’t get any relevant results so i thought I’d ask y’all if you’ve heard of this scam or if miraculously randos on twitter are giving me access to free bitcoin


No comments:

Post a Comment