Tuesday, December 17, 2019

HotSpot Shield VPN Review

A little bit about me: I’ve been using VPNs for the best part of 5 years now. I use them to stay anonymous from time to time, but I mainly use them to stream and torrent. For example, I use them to watch live sporting events, movies and Netflix.

I’ve tried and tested a variety of VPNs over the years, some good, some bloody horrible. And the problem I see on Reddit is that there are wayyyyy too many threads being opened all the time on the same old crappy VPNs. Like HotSpot Shield VPN.

IT HAS TO STOP! Lol.

I’ve seen people asking ‘is HotSpot Shield a good VPN’ ‘is it safe’ ‘is it reliable’ ‘is it a good VPN for Netflix’ blablabla.

So to help you all out and to (hopefully) be the last word on this one, I’ve put together a quick non-technical HotSpot Shield VPN review for y’all to read:

Speed?

Average. You can get 29mbps but even that’s location dependent. There are faster VPNs out there for sure.

Netflix?

Yeah - sometimes. Unreliable on the whole.

Safe and secure?

Actually, HotSpot Shield does well on this front. Like most VPNs it uses 256-bit AES encryption.

Kill switch?

Yes.

Customer support?

Bloody awful. When you’ve got an issue (and issues popped up a lot for me) you’ll have a seriously hard time getting an answer before season 17 of Stranger Things is out lmao.

Bitcoin payments accepted?

No.

Privacy?

Less issues now than there used to be.

Cost?

Starts out from $2.99 a month, which is pretty good.

How many servers?

3,200 worldwide. One problem here is that you can’t switch servers before you’ve connected to one. Weird.

Kodi?

Nope.

Overall verdict of my HotSpot Shield VPN review:

I can’t recommend HotSpot Shield VPN as it’s just too slow, unreliable and doesn’t have good customer support. In its favour is the low cost but, honestly, the best VPNs are *always* worth paying for.


No comments:

Post a Comment