Wednesday, November 10, 2021

A few questions for a beginner.

Which exchange provides the lowest fees?

  • At the moment I’m using Binance to pay directly for crypto, but find it’s cheaper using easy crypto to transfer Bitcoin then trade my Bitcoin for whatever altcoin I want to purchase through Binance.

I find that not all exchanges are fully transparent with their fees, so I’ve signed up to a few others. I was recommended Kraken by the r/bitcoinbeginners sub, and wondering if they are NZ friendly.

What is the best way to withdraw profits from crypto?

  • I’ve looked into easy crypto but they require evidence of transactions through the exchanges if the purchases haven’t been made through them. I’m also not sure if Binance/kraken can withdraw NZ fiat. I’m happy to provide said evidence but wondering if there’s an easier way.

Taxes?

-I’ve made a wee bit of money and want to cash out, but I’m not sure how the taxes work. Basically, so I just need to pay capital gains on the profits I’ve made? If so that’s not an issue for me because of been keeping track of my deposits and my portfolio value.

The issue I have is trading pairs on the exchanges. I’ve been having a bit of fun with but low sell high spot trading so obviously there’s been a lot of conversions (which I read are a taxable event). How the hell am I suppose to figure out the taxes on that?


No comments:

Post a Comment