Tuesday, February 22, 2022

How would a criminal transfer bitcoin to fiat?

Disclaimer: my understanding is very elementary.

If a criminal hypothetically asked for bitcoin as a ransom, and then wanted to convert it to fiat, how would they do it without being tracked? Wouldn't the wallet address be visible and the transactions viewed?

I'm imagining a string of events between different exchanges but like I said, I'm pretty ignorant on the details. Maybe something with shady banks?

Or taking the criminal aspect out of it, how would a known whale sell off any crypto in secret?

All of the garbage with the Canadian government got me thinking about how crypto moves. I know that bitcoin can be used as a currency but the exchange aspect peaked my interest.

Anyway, thanks for the discussion.


No comments:

Post a Comment