Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Stripe account Hacked by a Developer.

Yesterday morning a website developer who at one time had access to my API Keys requested a bitcoin ransom from me via a slack message

and when i didnt respond ....ran a script using the API Keys they still had access too to delete every customer and invoice i had in my subscription based stripe account

i saw it within 15 minutes and reached out to stripe via chat and phone

to see if they could help restore my account, but i havent heard back in 24 hours

everything ive ever worked for was in that account, a business built up for years.

The only thing thats stopping me from having a panic attack since i have stripe "capital" and now have no way of paying down the loan is the idea that stripe has to have an image backup of accounts for at least 72 hours....just in case of a storm or catastrophic event

Has this happened to anyone else?


No comments:

Post a Comment